Creative Leap Bootcamp
15th March 2021 – 11th April 2021
A 4-week online bootcamp for people who are ready to release their inner creative.
“Just close your eyes and step off the board”, were the instructions said to me the first time I was stood on that god damn diving board, all trussed up in a survival suit and life jacket, sweating my bits off and gazing into the watery abyss below, contemplating the fact I would be held back and separated from my friends if I couldn’t complete this test.
I was caught between wanting to jump off to pass the test, and wanting to do anything but. Paralysed!
Blimey, it makes my heartbeat quicken and my stomach wrench just remembering that day and typing it out. The best bit was, the instructors understood my fear and apprehension.
So they take me down to poolside edge and all I have to do is the same thing – Close my eyes and step off. And I did and barely got my head immersed thanks to the life jacket.
Confidence increased, they took me to the low diving board, same action – Close eyes and step. And I did it.
Then, as quick as a flash, they bypassed all the other recruits to get me to the front of the queue on the big diving board. Way up high. And all I had to do was: Close eyes. Step.
Some people can just trust themselves and go. For others, they need to build up that reassurance.
“I wonder what it would be like to put my ideas out into the world?”
“I’ve stop doing something creative because I feared what others will think”
“I don’t think I’m creative as such, but there’s this need to be fulfilled by making something”
“There’s this deep creative spark that I know needs some gas to get it fully ignited”
“I’m ready to start being seen and heard”
“I love to be surrounded by other people all working on creative projects and supporting each other”
“I’d like to help others and support them as we learn about our creativity together”
The Bootcamp Specs
- Small community of likeminded people
- Safe space for the awkward moments of learning
- Mastering your fear
- Practising your tenacity
- Share or publish your first creative project, learn and repeat
- Raise your bar on a new project by practising your skills
- Bring your ideas, do the work and make progress
Coaching and feedback from Abbie
Support and feedback from the Community
Weekly calls, prompts and co-working
Private community online work area
- 4 x 2hr Co-working sessions (Tuesdays 6pm GMT), we bring our work and we do it together
- 4 x 60 minute Group Coaching calls (Thursdays 4pm GMT), reflect on learning and get unstuck
- 4 x Weekly Prompts with learning themes to get you thinking and inspired (self-paced)
- Small crew/squadron/platoon, you won’t feel lost but you can’t hide either (8 max.)
- Private community Slack forum for discussions, resource sharing & writing out loud.
- 30 minute 1:1 Orientation Coaching call to get you ready to go
- 30 minute 1:1 Final Reflection & Summary Coaching call to jumpstart your next steps
- Application opens: 27th Jan 2021. Closes: 21st Feb 2021.
- All places confirmed by 23rd Feb 2021
- Creative Leap Bootcamp: Spring Division – is supporting veteran charities with places on the course
- As a Beta Tester there is no cost to attend this course. Your contribution will be the vital feedback needed in the development of the course for others in the future – helping them to be more creative out loud.